What were you doing when you got your PASSING Letter?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner
Reaction score
My state still released the results by regular old snail mail, I remember how LOOOOONNNNGGGG that wait was....

I knew (thanks to posts on EB.com) that the results had hit the mailboxes for my state. My office was 30 minutes from my house, but my wife works a mile away from our house, so I called her and asked that when she gets a break between patients, to run down to the house and check the mail.

I didn't say whether to open it or not, but when she got to the mailbox, she saw the package, and opened it.

At the time, I was in my office with two other people. My department, myself, and an engineer were discussing a project. My phone rang, and it was my wife, so I said "excuse me a second" and took the call, knowing she may have a letter in her hand.

I said "Hey", she started screaming "YOU PASSED !!!!! I couldn't help it, but I opened it, and YOU PASSED!!"

I calmly said "that is cool, I'm in a meeting, and I'll call you back in a little bit".

I hung up the phone, and went on about my meeting. After we were done having our discussion on the project, and the meeting was wrapped up, I said "That was my wife on the phone, she called to say I passed my PE". :D

Was a good day. June 13, 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was coming back home from a job interview in KY. Home alone since wifey and kids were out of town. After leaving the car in the garage and the carry on on the living room walked to the mail room just in front of the townhome we were renting. It was the only envelope in the box, as far as I remember now, and first I did not see who was sending it. When I saw it was from EES my heart almost stopped because I realized it was a thin envelope and I knew what that meant.

My Father in Law was the first one to know. He picked up the phone when I called my wife and I was having problems to express myslef, if you know what I mean. Then I called Mom and after that spent some time with my supporting cast from EB. A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping that today and tomorrow, there will be more people adding their stories to this thread :D

Good luck to all

Thank you very much to share your experience with us that are waiting for results, but this time has been horrible. There are not any clue and probably we have to wait until new year.

My state still released the results by regular old snail mail, I remember how LOOOOONNNNGGGG that wait was....
I knew (thanks to posts on EB.com) that the results had hit the mailboxes for my state. My office was 30 minutes from my house, but my wife works a mile away from our house, so I called her and asked that when she gets a break between patients, to run down to the house and check the mail.

I didn't say whether to open it or not, but when she got to the mailbox, she saw the package, and opened it.

At the time, I was in my office with two other people. My department, myself, and an engineer were discussing a project. My phone rang, and it was my wife, so I said "excuse me a second" and took the call, knowing she may have a letter in her hand.

I said "Hey", she started screaming "YOU PASSED !!!!! I couldn't help it, but I opened it, and YOU PASSED!!"

I calmly said "that is cool, I'm in a meeting, and I'll call you back in a little bit".

I hung up the phone, and went on about my meeting. After we were done having our discussion on the project, and the meeting was wrapped up, I said "That was my wife on the phone, she called to say I passed my PE". :D

Was a good day. June 13, 2007.

I didn't have to wait for the letter since NC posts the new engineers on the website as soon as they process the results. I was on this site about a year ago and once engineergirl posted that the results were in, I was typing my name into the licensee search. The first time I typed it in it came back as no record or engineer with that name, so I was dejected thinking that I failed. I decided to try it again, and voila! There was my name, with my license number. I think I checked it again about 15 times before the day was over, just to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

I can assure you that if I pass there will be some alcohol and a cigar involved. If I fail...just the alcohol.

I was sitting at work on 12/29/06. I was doing my daily check of the IL boards website for an increase in license numbers. I saw that the number jumped and called mr snick to tell him and ask his opinion if I should check or wait for the letter. He said check and with him on the phone i did a search for my name and it came up. I was in such a state of shock my eyes started watering with happiness. I proceeded to resubmit my name a couple more times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Then I went and told my boss, who then went to tell his boss and lots of other people.

When Mr snick came home that night he had bought a frame for the license, when it arrived.

Thank you very much to share your experience with us that are waiting for results, but this time has been horrible. There are not any clue and probably we have to wait until new year.
I know that you think it is worse, but we all went through the same thing you are going through. It's no worse than our experience. Just remember to enjoy yourself over the holidays no matter what, and good luck!

My wife and I were driving down to Florida to visit her grandmother and spend some time at the beach. I wasn't expecting results until after Christmas, so I wasn't even thinking about results at the time. On the way we stopped off at her aunt and uncles and while we were there I checked my email. My inbox was flooded with congratulations emails from friends and co-workers that knew I had taken the test and had seen my name added to the website. Kind of took the drama out of the wait for me, but I sure am glad I never got that worked up about the results. I did print out the license information from the website while we were at their home (which I actually have framed and on my desk) and we bought a bottle of champagne once we got to her grandmothers.

When I got my letter in the mail, I didn't even open it!

My wife and I were going to go out to dinner and I noticed that the mail-man just came. I brought the mail into the house and saw the letter. With my wife next to me, I simply said "let's go out to dinner." She asked if I wanted to open it now. I simply said "I have waited this long, waiting another hour won't hurt me." We then just went out to get something to eat.

When I got home, I opened the letter and found out that I had passed. It was a nice night.

Good point Ble PE

My wait was 54 days.

April 20th, to June 13th.

So that would equal THURSDAY of this week, for this go around.

All three times, my wife was home when the results arrived in mail. I would call her, she opened the envelope and did not say a word all three times. I would be little upset and now I have three NCEES pencils.

All three times, my wife was home when the results arrived in mail. I would call her, she opened the envelope and did not say a word all three times. I would be little upset and now I have three NCEES pencils.
We were not allowed to keep our pencils.

We were not allowed to keep our pencils.
Well they told us to leave it on the table but I just kept it so that I can keep track of how many times I took the exam. :Failed:

We had been house-shopping for a few weeks in the Winter of 2007, and we made an offer on a cute little house that we liked. Mid January, I was on the phone with the real estate agent getting good news that our offer had been accepted when my now husband brought in the mail. He was flipping through the mail and I saw the return address of the state board on the envelope. I grabbed the letter from his hand, groping it trying to decide how thick it was... I thought it was all bad. I ripped it open and saw that I had a passing letter, and had gotten my intern card too, which had thickened up the envelope.

That was for the FE... hopefully I'll be able to edit this post with my passing PE story very soon!! :)

Still waiting on PE results. I don't even remember where I was for the FE - probably living at home with my parents. I took it in 2007, and the exam was just a few days before Halloween, just like this year's exam. I found out the week before Christmas, I think. But I don't remember much other than that. While I wasn't certain that I passed, I didn't think I had failed. I feel OK about the PE. I got an answer for all but maybe 3 of the questions, but I also know I screwed up quite a few along the way. So I think it will be a much bigger relief to find out I passed the PE than it was to find out I passed the FE.

Back