Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Road Guy

Headhunters

21 posts in this topic

Okay I had a few of you complain about getting some PM's & emails from recruiters / headhunters...Sorry about that, we get all kinds of trolls (no offense :D )

Do you all:

Want to ban them?

Want to keep them?

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

I don't have a problem with them.

I do find it strange, though, to get inquiries for positions all over the couontry.

Ed

i concur. i'd definitely wear an EB teeshirt come test day (Apr 20).

how can we get one?

B)

I will add that to something I need to work on.

Anyone know a place thats can get some t-s made, I think they are cheap so long as we buy a large quantity.

I feel like a loser. Ive been on here for a pretty long time, passed my PE, and nobody is pm'ing me for a job. :brick:

I feel like a loser. Ive been on here for a pretty long time, passed my PE, and nobody is pm'ing me for a job. :brick:

Its because your from West Virginia.

I feel like a loser.  Ive been on here for a pretty long time, passed my PE, and nobody is pm'ing me for a job. :brick:

Its because your from West Virginia.

Ouch

You're not gonna start the hillbilly shit are ya??

I mean Kentucky??? Come on.

I'm from WV, and no one has PM'd me either. hmmmm.

You're not gonna start the hillbilly shit are ya??

I mean Kentucky??? Come on.

Well if it makes you feel any better I dont get the PM's either.

Anyone know a place thats can get some t-s made, I think they are cheap so long as we buy a large quantity.

Online, on demand t-shirts can be done at www.cafepress.com

Someone would be a fool to offer me a job. I would only work 30 hours a week and start drinking about 2:00 everday at the office.

I will add that to something I need to work on.

Do you have a design set? would someone have a PO to buy the lot up front? how many?

If they're offering specific jobs to people who might be interested, let them stay. If they're just fishing with spam, ban.

The Headhunters must think I am making too much $$$ at my new employeer, I have had zero contacts.

I would definately wear an EB t-shirt to the test site...

But... :ass: I'm kind of an a-hole and don't necessarily bathe as often as I should... might not the the publicity your looking for.

Take that head hunters!!!! who wants to hire a smelly a-hole??? anyone... any one???

:suicide:

In response to the other post, if there are a lot of headhunters, then we might want to put some information in that section where people could post their resume, warning them of the risks with some freelance headhunters.

On second thought, it may be better to just reference Monster / Career builder, but allow people to maybe past Links to their online resume within a resume section, instead of having a place to post their resume.

I dont think it would be a bad thing to allow HH's access to the site, but agree we would probably be better off letting Monster / career bulider keep their ownership of that online service (as far as posting Resumes)

With the commission that HH make when they get someone hired (upwards or 20% of the salary negotiated) they should probably register and pay a nominal fee for trying to recruit here.

I get called by them at work once or twice a week. It is to the point that I know exactly what companies they are trying to hire for and will generally badger them into admitting that I am guessing correctly or just giving me the name of the company.

-Ray

yes that would be the idea, if they want to use this as a recruiting tool, they can pay a nominal fee to help pay for the boards and "stuff"

Yeah, that's the ticket.