Spouse Occupation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does your spouse / significant other do for a living?

• Stay at Home Mom / Dad

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Engineer

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nurse

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • CPA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Teacher

• Proffessor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medical Doctor

• administrative / clerical

• construction

• Real Estate

• Stripper

• Marketing / Consulting

• General Business

• other :D

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Road Guy

Reaction score
vote and discuss

My wife is a RN and an RD (Regisered Dietician)

while I am not skinny my wife does buy a lot of fruit, whole wheat, yogurt, etc, etc,

Ever since Mini Ble was born, my wife has been a SAHM. Before that she taught Spanish at a private language institute. She actually graduated college with a degree in Architecture and Spanish but took the Spanish teaching option.

^that link appears to be fried.

I'm not sure what to check... import export compliance analyst isn't on there... maybe I'll go with general business.

I had to pick 'other'. My hubby is a mechanic by training. He is currently the head of vehicle maintenance for the City here.

I think we are a good team because he can do so many things which I haven't the foggiest idea of how to even start, and vice versa. He also saves us quite a bit of $ because of a lot of things he can do which we don't have to pay someone else to do.

My first husband was a finish carpenter.

My second husband was a computer analyst.

Ever since Mini Ble was born, my wife has been a SAHM.
That's the same as my wife since our little nugget was born. Unfortunately, we can't live like that for long. It takes money to live and we'll need that second income again before long. Oh, she's a paralegal when she is working.

My wife is a post-doctoral fellow in biomedical engineering. Specifically, medical imaging as it related to cancer therapy. Her goal is to become a tenured faculty member at a university one day.

I put engineer since she's not a prof yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
my hubby is a chemist so i chose "other"

congrats to those whose wifes are full time SAHMs. I did that for 13 wks, now only part time. needed to start using the brain again and be around other people.

My wife has been a SAHM since all 3 of my little ones have been born. The oldest is 5, the youngest is 5 months. Although she does work from home a bit as a financial planner/accountant type. Before we had the mini-mechguys, she was a graphic designer. Her degrees are in metal sculpture and wilderness education..... but she wants to go back to school and be a teacher for special needs kids.

She's about going crazy at home by herself so I fully expect she'll run from the house as soon as all the kiddies are in school full time.

These need to be multiple choice, for those of us who:

a.) have talented wives who do lots

b.) are mormon.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you folks with SAHMs make it work financially? Between CC, mortgage, student loans, and insurance, breaking even in a month without a second income is tough. We don't even splurge on weekends. Do I really make that little?

Back