New Years Resolutions...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pain when the 'resolutioners' all show up at the gym the first week in January. All the equipment is occupied. Give it until about the 20th and it'll thin back out. The gym I go to is kinda small to start with, so it's super packed now.

I'm starting some business classes later this month. So I resolve to succesfully go back to school and do well in class.

January 16th will be my 731st consecutive day of exercising at least 30 minutes. That's 2 full years since '08 was a leap year. I'm kinda scared to stop because I think I might gain all that weight back. But I think I've changed my eating habits enough where I could probably cut back to 4 days a week.

I agree! As a regular at the gym for quite some time the new year is an annoying time to be there. I wouldn't mind if people stuck it out but most don't and it's a pain to deal with the crowds. Your right though by the end of the month it should be back to normal!

January 16th will be my 731st consecutive day of exercising at least 30 minutes. That's 2 full years since '08 was a leap year. I'm kinda scared to stop because I think I might gain all that weight back. But I think I've changed my eating habits enough where I could probably cut back to 4 days a week.
Congrats! That's devotion.

I agree! As a regular at the gym for quite some time the new year is an annoying time to be there. I wouldn't mind if people stuck it out but most don't and it's a pain to deal with the crowds. Your right though by the end of the month it should be back to normal!
But it is fun to watch someone who has never used a treadmill before crank it all the way up, rather than selecting a steady pace, and fly off the back of it.

As bad as it is..I have to say it always makes me giggle alittle when someone drops something (mp3 player, towel, etc) on the treadmill and it flies off the back. It's happened to everyone at one time or another I'm sure but it is pretty funny!

That Mythbusters where Adam is running on the treadmill while drunk and gets flung into the back wall cracks me up every time. The first time I saw it, I was crying from laughing so hard.

I have never seen such passionate debate on something so stupid. The really funny part is that the Mythbusters proved that the plane could still take off, and people are still arguing the other side.

I have never seen such passionate debate on something so stupid. The really funny part is that the Mythbusters proved that the plane could still take off, and people are still arguing the other side.

Agreed that the plane could take off, it just couldn't take off if it were not moving forward from the point of view of a person on the ground that is stationary. My brother has a chemical engineering professor that argued with him on this today. What an idiot.

My New Year's resolution is the same as always: keep on ticking; do the next right thing.

Resolution is to have a clean bill of health. That means - a) have a clean cancer scan coming up soon, B) pray that the test for neuropathy in my right hand figures out what's wrong (I cry like a little girl when someone shakes my hand), c) lose at least 15 pounds, d) be more psychologically healthy, i.e stress reduction.

the best part of that episode was that the pilot didn't believe he would take off. I guess he was in a bit of shock when he got airborne. :D

Back